Monday, November 6, 2017

Cat Tracks

I just returned to work this morning, rather reluctantly, after being away for three days.  I booked Friday off... one of the few days that I have been able to take off this year.  In fact I think this is only fourth day I have had off all year.  This time around it was the 17th Annual Fall Photo Weekend and six members of the Monochrome Guild headed up to Jasper for a weekend of photography.  I will be posting a detailed report on the activities of the weekend in some upcoming blog posts.  Those will include snapshots from the trip.  Then later, when I get around to processing all my film shots, there will be more postings.
For the moment I just have this one iPhone snapshot to share.  We were down along the Astoria River in Jasper National Park photographing the ice formations on the rocks.  It was cold, and there was fresh snow.  There were these feline tracks in the snow.  Originally I thought they were probably from a Lynx... and they may be.  But when I got home I looked up some information on line and learned that cougar tracks are usually about 3-1/4" to 4" across.  That's about the size of these tracks.  The boot print in the snow is from my big size 10 winter boot.  It measures about 13" long and 5-1/2" wide.  Maybe someone out there viewing this can shed some light on what these tracks might be...

Update:  Checked the measurements of my boots and they are 12-1/2" x 5".  That would make these tracks about 3-3/4" wide...


No comments: