Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Lower Falls

I found this spot back in August when we were ATV riding near our property at Nordegg.  I've been back to it several times and photographed here.  This particular shot was taken on Efke PL25 film exposed at ISO 10.  I used my Schneider Symmar 135mm lens.  A red filter for contrast and an aperture of F29.0, combined with this slow film, allowed a long exposure of 1 minute to nicely blur the water.  I never get tired of shots of waterfalls and in this particular composition I like that the little cascades are going in various directions.  The film was processed in Rodinal developer, diluted 1:50, for 7:00 minutes, at 24C.  It will be interesting to return to this spot at different times of year.  In late fall when ice is starting to form, it could be quite spectacular.  In spring, when water levels are higher, I'm sure it will look very different.  I will make a point of returning to check it out on a regular basis.


No comments: