Sunday, July 23, 2017

More Construction Snapshots

Here are a couple more images taken last weekend up at Nordegg.  In the meantime our contractor has since installed the septic tank and is working on sealing the foundation, installing the weeping tile, and backfilling.  We didn't make it out to Nordegg this weekend...
My days have been full and I'm starting to get burned out.  Except for a couple of evenings that I had hockey games, I've been working 11 to 12 hour days.  I get in to the office around 8:00AM and I usually don't leave until 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening.  My employee and colleague in the office resigned unexpectedly from his position in early June.  It has been a scramble for me to keep my head above water ever since.  I recently hired a replacement but find that I need to spend long hours in the office to do my job, my former employees job, and to train the new staff.  It seems there is very little appreciation and support from my business partners and like so many other things, this is left to me.  I went in to work on Saturday and was in the office from 8:00AM until about 5:30PM.  I did manage to sort out all of the old accounting issues that my former employee had been working on.  With that off my plate I can now focus on bringing the current book keeping up to date, and got a good start on that on Saturday.  
I took Sunday off, and actually went out for a drive with my camera in the afternoon.  I found that very refreshing and relaxing and need to try to back away from work in the coming weeks.




No comments: