Monday, July 24, 2017

Another Utah Scan - The Cockscomb

Seems that with the way things are going, I don't get much time to write my blog or post images to my Flickr account.  When I do find a little time I find that I am playing catch up and posting stuff that has been put on the backburner.  Earlier this year I scanned all of my images from my three trips down to southern Utah.  These trips were in the fall of 2013, the spring of 2014, and the fall of 2015. I plan on working on these images and putting together some sort of book project.  But, that is a project that may have to wait for some time before I can see it to completion.  In the mean time I am selecting some of my favorite images and posting them to my on line accounts.  This particular image was taken in the spring of 2014 when the girls and I headed down to Utah over spring break.  This is a shot of the Cockscomb formation.  It is an upthrust along a fault in the earth and is clearly visible from outer space on Google Earth.  This is along the Cottonwood Canyon Road in Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.  This particular shot was taken on T-Max 400 film with a 110mm lens with my Ebony 4x5 view camera.  The film was given normal development in T-Max developer, diluted 1:4 and processed for 7:45 minutes at 24C.


No comments: