Sunday, June 25, 2017

An old one from the first Utah trip....

I recently posted this image to my Flickr account.  This is one from the first trip down to Utah in October of 2013.  I was travelling with my friends Rob and Brad.  This shot was taken near the trail head to Wire Pass and The Wave.  It is a corral made from juniper logs.  I'm not clear whether this is maintained by the Bureau of Land Management or if it is used by the local ranchers that lease this area as grazing land for their cattle.  In any event the texture and tonality of this fence, against the rock formations, was visually intriguing.  This image was shot on Kodak Infrared film, with a #25 Red Filter.  Though I still have quite a bit of this film left in my freezer, it was discontinued many years ago with the last batches reaching their best before date in 2001.  I will continue to shoot with it as long as I get images like this....




No comments: