Saturday, May 13, 2017

Reception - Monochrome Guild Annual Exhibition

It is always with the greatest of expectations that I help to organise the annual Monochrome Guild exhibition.  Then, before your know it, the date is upon us, and I'm scrambling to pull things together.  I was still printing and framing my work a few days before the show opened.  And then, the invitations went out at the last minute, and we weren't as organised as I thought we could have been...!
I think I missed e-mailing a few people on my invitation list....  I put out a guest book for people to sign, but the pen fell on the floor behind a plinth and no one noticed it.  As a result people at the reception later in the evening, we unable to sign...  I forgot to put up the Monochrome Guild panel that explained what our group is about, so Steve bailed me out and made up a simple sign...  I forgot to bring along business cards to hand out, as did most of the others...
Despite those little glitches, everything went pretty well.  I got so busy during the reception visiting with all my friends and all the guests that I didn't manage to keep a count as to how many showed up.  My best guess would be that around 60 people dropped by during the course of the evening.  I know that others stopped by and checked things out during the week, in advance of the reception.  And there were a few more that stopped by on Saturday before we took the show down.
I feel it was pretty successful....  There were eight members of the group that took part, exhibiting a total of 36 prints.  Ever the astute photographer, I neglected to bring along my camera and take any snapshots of the installation, or the reception.  Hopefully some of the other guys did, and maybe someone can send me a couple of snapshots.  Thanks to everyone that came out to see the show and made the evening so much fun.  Like usual, we vow to do it again, and to next time be more organized... or not....

No comments: