Monday, May 1, 2017

Procession West at Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery

The "Procession West" exhibition that my friend Rob Michiel and I put together has been successful beyond our expectations.  It has been traveling throughout galleries in Western Canada since 2013.  We had to come up with a second, smaller version of the show that we called "AG2" in order to handle some of the conflicts between venues and the logistics of delivering the work from gallery to gallery.  We turned down a few shows, for various reasons, and had a couple cancelled.  A gallery in the interior of British Columbia lost the lease on their space and had to cancel a show.  And, we had one booked up in Fort McMurray that didn't come about due to the huge forest fire last year.  
At the end of the week the final exhibition of our "Procession West" project will be opening at the Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery.  Once this show comes to a close we will stop touring the show and move on to some new, personal projects.  A copy of the invitation is attached below.  I encourage anyone that has not yet seen the show, and will be in the Red Deer area over the next little while, to check it out.  I will be in attendance at the opening on Friday, though I probably won't arrive until a little later.  I have to work that day, and it will take 90 minutes after that for me to make it down to Red Deer.

No comments: