Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Opening Reception in Red Deer

Last Friday I attended the opening reception for Procession West at the Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery.  I rushed down there after work, and arrived around 6:00PM.  The reception actually ran from 5:00 to 8:00, but there was no way for me to make it down there that early.  Attendance was a little light, which was a bit of a disappointment.  But, then I realized that it was 25C, and the first weekend of the season with nice weather...  Not to mention the fact that the show in the other side of the gallery was not yet installed, and wouldn't be opening for another week or two...  And, the Stanley Cup Hockey Playoffs were in full swing.
I enjoyed my time there and had some nice discussions about the photography with a number of the guests.  One of the guests commented that I title was quite appropriate as it included the word "Process" which is very fitting of the work that we do.  The show is actually up until nearly the end of June so there is no doubt it will see a lot more traffic.  I was really pleased with the way that Kim and the gallery staff presented the prints and set up the gallery.  I've included a few snapshots below...
After the gallery closed I headed over to East Coulee where I met up with Margarit and the girls.  We would spend the weekend there taking in the annual Springfest.
Today both Rob and I conducted telephone interviewers with a reporter from the Red Deer Advocate Newspaper, who is doing a review of the show.










No comments: