Thursday, May 18, 2017

Comparison

Here are a couple of 4" x 5" negatives.  The one on the left is Ilford FP4+ exposed at 125 iso and processed in Ilford Perceptol developer 1:1.  The one on the right is Kodak 100 T-Max exposed at 80 iso and processed in 510 Pyro [hence the brown stain] 1:100.  These are two combinations that I really like and have been working with for the past couple of years.
I've also included two scans of these negatives...  I suppose I could have adjusted them more in Photoshop to make them look a little closer.  The differences are subtle...  The contrast varies a little, and the highlight and shadow values are a little different.  In shooting duplicates like this, and working with these combinations in various light conditions, I am coming to learn which films are best suited to the type of subject matter I am working with.





1 comment:

Chris BIGDoer Doering said...

Similar yes. Still if you were to ask my opinion - which no one ever does but I still dispense anyway, I like the more contrastly look of the left one. Cool place. Tried to shoot a similar image, but this strange wood thing kept getting in the way.