Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ice Bubbles

Here is a recently processed large format shot of the ice bubbles at Abraham Lake.  This image dates back to the day trip that Hailey and I took out to Nordegg, back in January.  The skies were clear and the temperature mild but the ever-present wind, whipping down the North Saskatchewan valley made it rather unpleasant.  I had to be careful setting up my camera and splaying the legs of the tripod wide enough to withstand the wind.  The tripod was warm from being in the back seat of the truck and the metal spike feet melted into the ice rather quickly, helping to secure a foothold.  This shot was captured on Fuji Neopan Acros 4" x 5" film with my Ebony view camera and Schneider 110mm lens.  I used a red filter to darken the sky and the shadow values.  Development was for a slight contrast increase in Rodinal 1:50.


No comments: