Monday, February 27, 2017

Another Trip to Saskatoon

I just returned from my third and final [for now] trip to Saskatoon.  I drove there in early January to deliver the prints for the Procession West show to the Saskatchewan Craft Council Gallery.  Then I made a second trip in late January to attend the reception.  Our show was taken down last weekend and this time I had to pick up the four crates full of prints and bring them back home.  My brother in law Shawn was in Saskatoon visiting his girlfriend and he gave me a hand this morning to load the crates into my truck.  We also got together for a visit and a few drinks on Sunday night.  Today I made the long drive back home.  I had hoped to be able to stop along the way and take a few photographs, but it was not to be.  It was moderately cold, for this time of year and there was a really brisk wind blowing that made conditions rather uncomfortable.
I did have lunch today with Zach Hauser.  Zach was on the jury at Saskatchewan Craft Council that accepted our show and I met him at the reception.  He is a former professional photographer that has now put photography aside to pursue a retirement career in artisan furniture building.  I bought some film holders and some paper from him and it was a very pleasant visit this afternoon.
It seems March has come in like a lion so hopefully the old saying holds true and it goes out like a lamb.  It was -17C this morning when I went out to start my truck in Saskatoon.  Here in Edmonton we are supposed to have similar conditions for the next few days.  Night time lows approaching -20C and daytime highs only around -10C.  This is far below the long term average for this time of year.  Hopefully once we limp through this current cold snap things will turn around and we will see a gradual transition into spring weather.

No comments: