Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Utah Trip - October of 2015

Over the winter months I spend quite a bit of time processing film, scanning negatives, working on submissions, and printing.  Over the past couple of months I've rediscovered a number of negatives that I took, mostly over the past year or two.  These two are both from the fall trip down to Utah, that I went on in October of 2015 with my friends Rob and Brad.  We were staying at a rental house in Kanab, and every day we set off in some direction, exploring and making photographs. Both of these images were taken on Kodak Tri-X Pan film with my Ebony view camera.  I refer to this as our Utah trip, because that was our home base but in fact both of these images were taken across the border in northern Arizona.
The shot of Roosevelt Point, at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon was taken on one of the first days of our trip.  I used a 210mm lens and gave the film plus development in PMK developer in an attempt to pump up the contrast a little.  The second one was taken on the last day of our trip, on a hike in the South Coyote Buttes.  By this time the weather had improved, the skies were clearer, and the light was a lot more contrasty.  Extra development was not necessary for this one and it only received normal development in the same PMK developer.



No comments: