Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1979 Yamaha Enticer 300

Before the Christmas break, on one of those cold, miserable winter days that we had, there wasn't much for the guys to do at the shop.  So, I headed over to my Mom's acerage and we picked up my old snowmobile.  This is a 1979 Yamaha Enticer 300.  I used to ride it quite a bit when I was a kid, but over the last 20 years it has sat under a tarp in Mom's storage lean-to.  I don't think I have even tried to start it for at least 10 years.  We dragged it back to the shop and a couple of the guys, that needed something to do, went over it.  The old gas was drained from the tank, and the spark plugs were changed.  A couple of pulls and the old girl started up right away.  The guys made a new windshield for it, and I took the old seat and had it re-upholstered.  I have a set of new skis for it somewhere.  Just have to find them and change over the old worn out ones and she's ready to take out for a spin.  The old license plate on her dates back to 1982.  I was thinking about buying a new sled this year, but with the great snow conditions this year all the dealers are sold out.  I guess I'll have to be satisfied with bombing around on the old girl this year, and then maybe think again about a new one next year.





No comments: